Sunshine and Rainbows DSP: Polka Dots and Magenta Madness. (CLICK PHOTO for more photos and details.)
Shown above is a bright and cheery front flap card I’ve designed using the Sunshine & Rainbows DSP pack.
I really think this card would be cute for congrats, get well, thinking of you, etc…you could easily change up the sentiments inside and outside for practically any occasion. Changing up the DSP and cardstock coordinating with it could totally change the look and feel of the card also. You can even change up the dies for the sentiments if you don’t have the ones pictured. Get creative!
I originally designed this for my Beginners class so I kept it fairly simple. Otherwise I would add texture to the Magenta sides and/or the Granny Apple strip.
Once you fussy cut your rainbow from the DSP sheet (including cutting out the center arch) it still takes a bit of finagling to fit the greeting inside the archway and pop it all up on the piece of Granny Apple Green, but I think the results are worth the effort, don’t you?
Just make sure you line up the white piece inside before gluing it down to make sure it doesn’t stick out from either side when you close the front flap.
Pictured below are 4 totally different cards I designed from the same Sunshine & Rainbows DSP pack you can choose for FREE with a $50 purchase. The pack is featured in the Stampin’ Up!® January/February 2022 Saleabration (JF 22 SAB) catalog. On other CreateWithKelley.com blog posts this week I’ll add details, more card photos and supply lists, plus links to videos with instructions. Shop my store quickly though…SAB ends Feb. 28th! Enjoy!
- The 4 cards above are shown in my video on my Facebook Live on Wednesday, February 23rd at this link: Facebook.com/CreateWithKelley and replayed on You Tube here: Youtube/Create With Kelley Pitts I’ll be happy to answer questions if the video isn’t clear enough about instructions.
- I hope you’ll also subscribe to my blog at CreateWithKelley.com. I’d love to hear your comments. Thanks! Fun times ahead!
Polka Dot Flap Measurements:
- Magenta Madness cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ then cut in 5/8″ from each side, leaving the 3″ x 5 1/2″ flap on the front.
- Sunshine & Rainbows DSP: Polka Dot 3″ x 5 1/2″ and scrap stripe strip inside plus rainbow fussy cut from a different sheet
- Granny Apple Green: 1″ x 4 1/4″
- Basic White: 1/2″ x 4″ ish strip; 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
Polka Dot Flap Product List: