This “No Matter the Weather & Spring Splash Paper Pumpkin March 20 Alternative: Enjoy Today” card features multiple pieces from the March 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit. What a wonderful bonus to receive both the No Matter the Weather stamp set and the bonus Spring Splash stamp set in the kit! At the perfect time, I might add! With all the delightful diecuts, colors and stamps in the kit, just adding some coordinating balmy blue card stock and Come Sail Away DSP completes the cheery look.
This optimistic card conveys the message we certainly need now…to make the best of each day, regardless of circumstances!
If you’re an avid crafter who doesn’t need my supply list and instructions, you can skip to this post’s end and start shopping at my online store. Thanks!
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Balmy blue card stock scored at 4 1/4″
- Come Sail Away DSP 3″ x 5″ (blue pinstripe sheet)
- From this Paper Pumpkin kit:
- 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″ strip cut from an umbrella card front out of the kit
- Yellow stripe envelope piece 1 3/8″ x 4 3/4″ ish from the kit
- Back of umbrella card stock from kit or Whisper White 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ for inside layer
- 14″ or so twine
- Separate these 3 pairs of boots from the 2 coral pair in the group of 5.
- Cover boots completely with Fine-Tip Glue Pen or Shimmery Crystal Effects and set aside to let dry completely.
- Cut 2 1/4″ off one of the kit’s umbrella cardfront to use as a layer on this card, then save the umbrella portion for a different card.
- Cut up the yellow envelope and use a strip 1 3/8″ by about 4 3/4″ to punch the tail with the Triple Banner punch.
- Stamp clouds (full strength and stamped off) onto balmy blue card stock.
- Stamp raindrops onto cutoff layer in balmy blue ink.
- Stamp gray clouds and ground texture onto cutoff layer in gray granite or basic gray ink..some full strength and some stamped off.
- Adhere blue striped layer, then yellow striped layer flat, then pop up stamped cutoff layer with Dimensionals.
- Stamp Enjoy Today (or other greeting of your choice) on blue kit label and pop up with Dimensionals.
- Wrap twine around boots and tie bow, then pop up with Dimensionals.
- Add clear raindrops from the kit as a beautiful finishing touch.
- Send the card to someone who needs some cheering up!
Click on the product links below to purchase products used to create this card. The March 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit is no longer available, but you could make a similar card when you shop anytime in my online store. I’m just starting my blog, so I’d really appreciate your sharing my project on your favorite social media platforms. Thanks for your interest and your helpful comments. I’m happy to answer any questions. Feel free to contact me today to help you unleash your creativity!