Kylie’s International Blog Highlights Winners Hop March 2023 – Sweet Citrus Bundle
- I’m SO excited to participate in Kylie’s International Blog Highlights Winners Hop for the third time! What an honor! Thanks so much for voting for my card!
- Be sure to check out the blog posts from all this month’s winners in the list below my Sweet Citrus card photos. After that you’ll find my card measurements, instructions and product list. Thanks again.
Front photo above: Juicy! Love the WOW details featured in Stampin’ Up!’s Sweet Citrus stamps and hybrid embossing folder!
I featured this card and two others in my Advanced/Techniques Cardmaking experience yesterday. 7 ladies loved playing with several techniques.
Inside photo above: Using a water painter for the blue background on front and on the inside was an easy way to make these grapefruits pop!
Photo above shows the easy fun fold: Who knew that pairing Mango Melody and Flirty Flamingo could be such fun?.
Photo above shows a detailed view: Sprinkling water and Wink added juicy droplets to the stamped and embossed images and water-painted background.
Be sure to check out the awesome entries from all 10 winners’ blogs here:
- Mango Melody cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11”, scored at 4 ¼” and 5 1/2″
- Flirty Flamingo cardstock: 4″ x 4″
- Just Jade cardstock: 3: x 4 1/4″ (can be adjusted a bit smaller to save DSP)
- Basic White cardstock: 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ for front; 4″ x 4″ for inside; plus scrap for greeting
- DSP per photo: 1” x 4”
- Ribbon: 21″
- Adhere the strip of Mango DSP (from Regency Park or the retired SAB Dandy Designs, etc.)
- Wrap ribbon around the front flap of the card over the Mango DSP and tie bow, then adhere the 1 1/4″ section down to the cardbase, (leaving the 4 1/4″ square portion loose to open.)
- Stamp the inside of the grapefruits with Flirty Flamingo and the outsides with Mango Melody ink.
- Match up the stamped image with the embossing folder and run through the SCEM.
- Paint the unstamped fruit with a water painter to match the original stamped ones.
- Paint leaves in Granny Apple Green with waterpainter.
- Paint the background with a light coat of Balmy Blue with a water painter.
- Tap your wet water painter soundly onto your bone folder or a marker, etc. to sprinkle water droplets onto your card.
- Tap your Wink of Stella pen soundly onto your bone folder or a marker, etc. to sprinkle shimmery droplets onto your card.
- Texture the Flamingo square if desired with the Painted Texture folder (only a little of it shows.)
- Adhere the Flamingo square to your cardbase at an angle or square…whichever you prefer.
- Adhere the painted & embossed layer on top of the Flamingo square straight or at an angle.
- Diecut the label using the Ginkgo Branch die or some other label die.
- Stamp selected greeting onto the label die in Flirty Flamingo.
- Outline the label die with a Mango marker and then outline on top of that with Wink of Stella.
- Pop up the label die with Dimensionals.
- Add embellishments as desired.
- Find my upcoming 4/1/23 Facebook Live video at 10:30 am CT with details on my Facebook page Create With Kelley or my You Tube Live on Create With Kelley Pitts channel. (I’ll update links after I finish the video.)
Below is the card I entered into Kylie’s International Blog Highlights March 2023 and was voted into the Top 10! Click on the photo below to take you to the supply list for that card.
After the photo you’ll find my product list for today’s card in case you decide to honor me by CASEing my card!
I hope you’ll subscribe to my blog at CreateWithKelley.com, like my Facebook page at Create With Kelley, join my Facebook group called Create With Kelley Crew, and watch my You Tube videos at Create With Kelley Pitts. I’d love to hear your comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks again for voting for my card in Kylie’s International Blog Hop Highlights! Be sure to stop by the other winner’s blogs at the links above. See you next month. Fun times ahead!
I’ve always used These Are My Stamps to provide my blog supply list and it says Unreachable! I’ll update this blog post when it comes back online. Of course I just discovered this right before deadline!
Melva Peters says
Robbie Susan Chandler says
Love the bright and cheerful colors of your card!
Thanks so much!
Kim Kroeker says
Such a pretty card, Kelley!
Kelley R Pitts says
Thank you very much, Kim!
Liane Gorny - Jungle Cards says
I love your card, it is so beautifully colourful
Thanks so much, Liane! I do love bright colors!
Katja Martins says
Such a beautiful card. Happy Eastern
Kelley R Pitts says
Thanks very much, Katja!