Kylie’s International Blog Highlights Winners Hop March 2022
- I’m SO excited to participate in Kylie’s International Blog Highlights Winners Hop for the first time ever! What an honor! Thanks so much for voting for my card!
- Be sure to check out the blog posts from all this month’s winners in the list below the two photos. After that you’ll find my card measurements, instructions and product list. Thanks again.
Front photo above: I loved the graphic representation of the waves diecut with the Blue Specialty Foils and the Mother of Pearl paper. Reflections of the waves (especially the silver wave diecut with a foam adhesive sheet) really adds lots of depth. I didn’t glue the waves down completely so the parts sticking up would reflect more onto the background foil. You really can’t see the incredible sparkle in the Mother of Pearl paper in the photo, but it’s AWESOME in person! Adding the strip of DSP adds even more interest to the cardfront and ties in the stamped image on the inside.
Inside photo above: I LOVE the detail in the Waves of Inspiration stamp set, so I featured it on the inside of the card.
Be sure to check out the awesome entries from all 10 winners’ blogs here:
- Pool Party cardstock: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic White cardstock: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Waves DSP per photo: 1” x 5 ½”
- Coastal Cabana foil: 3” x 5 ½”
- Night of Navy foil: 3” x 5” ish or the inside wave that came out of Navy foil piece used in Card 1
- Silver foil: 2 ¾” x 5 ½” attached to FOAM ADHESIVE SHEET, then diecut with wave
- Mother of Pearl specialty paper: 2” x 3 ½” attached to adhesive sheet then diecut with wave
- NOTE: These instructions aren’t completely detailed since I plan to feature this card in my You Tube Facebook Live on Wednesday, March 30th at noon Central time. Watch the replay for instructions at this link: Facebook.com/CreateWithKelley.
- To make sure the Coastal foil fit properly onto the card:
- I strategically layered and CAREFULLY used liquid glue on the Navy and Pearl waves so I could leave portions of the waves loose to cause a reflection in the foil. BUT you could just use adhesive sheets and glue them flat if you prefer.
- In order to show more depth and raise one wave above the others I adhered a FOAM adhesive sheet before diecutting it.
- I “dry-fitted” the foil piece with the DSP before gluing down the DSP strip then adding the foil waves layer over it.
- I stamped the wave on the inside white layer using the Stamparatus, inks and blending brushes with the GORGEOUS detailed wave stamp. I created the sky using blending brushes and the same inks I used on the wave. Finally, I added white “foam” using White Craft Ink and Embossing Powder to make it seem more realistic.
Below is the card I entered into Kylie’s International Blog Highlights and was voted #7. Then you’ll find my product list in case you decide to honor me by CASEing my card!
I hope you’ll subscribe to my blog at CreateWithKelley.com, like my Facebook page at Create With Kelley, join my Facebook group called Create With Kelley Crew, and watch my You Tube videos at Create With Kelley Pitts. I’d love to hear your comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks again for voting for my card in Kylie’s International Blog Hop Highlights! Be sure to stop by the other winner’s blogs at the links above. See you next month. Fun times ahead!