Kylie’s International Blog Highlights Winners Hop April 2022 – Artfully Composed Suite
- I’m SO excited to participate in Kylie’s International Blog Highlights Winners Hop for the second time! What an honor! Thanks so much for voting for my card!
- Be sure to check out the blog posts from all this month’s winners in the list below my Bumblebee card photos. After that you’ll find my card measurements, instructions and product list. Thanks again.
Front photo above: I’m proud of myself for FINALLY planning ahead when I did a previous swap card so that I could later create with the negative Just Jade cutout image left behind.
I’m featuring this card and two others in my Techniques Class this week….a reminder to:
- Be frugal with cardstock by using negative and positive images from the diecutting process.
- Use DSP in unexpected ways (see the great leaf background behind the cutout?).
- Use stamps like the newsprint words stamp to create tone-on-tone texture (see the heart leaf cutouts).
- Use coordinating solid ink, cardstock and DSP colors as a focal point to tone down (but coordinate with) “busy” DSP.
Inside photo above: Correct imperfect stamped images like this leaf by touching up a bit with a water painter and ink.
Photo above shows card details: Adding a bit of shading with a water painter and ink makes the diecut leaf more realistic…in contrast to the newsprint texture on the Bumblebee leaves and the DSP texture on the other leaves beside it. Double bows made with Linen Thread or twine are SO much more dramatic than single bows.
Be sure to check out the awesome entries from all 10 winners’ blogs here:
- Bumblebee cardstock: 7 3/4” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, plus scrap to fit behind heart shaped leaf section
- Just Jade cardstock: 3: x 4 1/4″ (can be adjusted a bit smaller to save DSP)
- Old Olive cardstock: 3″ x 4 1/4″ ish
- Basic White cardstock: 3” x 5 ¼” plus scrap for greeting
- Leafy DSP per photo: 1” x 5 ½”
- Evergreen DSP per photo: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ (can be adjusted a bit smaller to save DSP)
- NOTE: These instructions aren’t completely detailed since I plan to feature this card in my You Tube Facebook Live on Wednesday, April 27th at noon Central time. Watch the replay after that date for instructions at this link: Facebook.com/CreateWithKelley.
- Emboss the top flap of the card with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder that will be available in Stampin’ Up!®’s 2022/23 Annual Catalog.
- Stamp the newsprint stamp from the Bundle on the Bumblbee scrap before gluing to the back of the heart shaped leaf section of the Just Jade cutout negative
- Add touches of Old Olive to the diecut leaf on the front and the stamped leaf on the inside (if desired).
Below is the card I entered into Kylie’s International Blog Highlights April 2022 and was voted into the Top 10! Click on the photo below to take you to the supply list for that card.
After the photo you’ll find my product list for today’s card in case you decide to honor me by CASEing my card!
I hope you’ll subscribe to my blog at CreateWithKelley.com, like my Facebook page at Create With Kelley, join my Facebook group called Create With Kelley Crew, and watch my You Tube videos at Create With Kelley Pitts. I’d love to hear your comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks again for voting for my card in Kylie’s International Blog Hop Highlights! Be sure to stop by the other winner’s blogs at the links above. See you next month. Fun times ahead!
- Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad  $7.50
- Bumblebee Classic Stampin’ Pad  $7.50
- Evening Evergreen Classic Stampin’ Pad  $7.50
- Artfully Composed 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 Cm) Designer Series Paper  $11.50
- Basic White 8 1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock  $9.75
- Just Jade 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock  $8.75
- Bumblebee 8-1/2X11 Cardstock  $8.75
- Old Olive 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock  $8.75
Tools & Adhesive
- Stampin’ Dimensionals  $4.00
- Stampin’ Seal  $8.00
- Paper Snips  $10.00
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue  $4.00
- Mini Glue Dots  $5.25
- Bone Folder  $7.00
- Paper Trimmer  $25.00
- Water Painters  $12.00
Ribbon & Trim
Die Cut & Emboss