Kylie’s International Blog Highlights October 2022: Season of Chic Bundle & Texture Chic Card
What fun to play with Stampin’ Up®’s Texture Chic Suite of products! This is my first card design with it and I’m ready to really “dig in” and create lots more with this Suite. So glad it will be around in our Annual Catalog through next April!
- I’m excited to participate again in Kylie’s International Blog Highlights with my watercolored card.
- My card measurements and product list are below the following International Blog Highlights information.
- I hope you’ll take time to vote for up to five of your favorite cards from the highlights. (Hopefully including mine!)
- Just click: VOTE FOR MY CARD! then select my card by clicking the heart on the upper right of the photo.
- You’ll know you’ve voted for it when the heart changes color.
- The top ten winners based on your votes will be able to participate in the actual International Highlights Winners Hop at the end of the month.
- I’ve made it into Kylie’s Top Ten twice this year and I’d love to enjoy that honor again!
If you are receiving this blog update by email you can click HERE to see the amazing gallery!
Love the artsy vibe when you combine the Texture Chic Cards & Envelopes with the Season of Chic Bundle and jazz it up with some GOLD.
- Texture Chic Memories & More Card base 6 1/4″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ as provided
- Petal Pink cardstock: 4″ x 3 1/2″ ish to diecut with “net” die
- Soft Succulent cardstock: 4″ x 3 1/2″ ish to diecut with “net” Chic Die
- Brushed Metallic Gold cardstock: 3″ x 4 1/2″ ish to diecut with Fabulous Frames die
- Vellum: 2 9/16″ x 3 1/8″
- Basic white cardstock: 2 9/16″ x 3 1/8″; and 2 1/2″ x 1 1/8″ ish scrap for Tailor Made Tag die
- Soft Suede cardstock: 2 1/2″ x 1 3/8″ ish scrap to diecut with inside leaf Chic Die
- Mango Melody cardstock: 2 1/2″ x 1 3/8″ ish scrap to diecut with outline leaf Chic Die
- Gold Shimmer ribbon: 10″ ish
- Diecut the Chic die “net” out of Petal Pink and Soft Succulent.
- Diecut the Chic solid outline leaf out of Soft Suede and the detail leaf out of Mango Melody.
- Diecut the frame out of Brushed Metallic gold.
- Diecut the Tailor Made tag out of Basic white.
- Stamp greeting onto tag with Versamark then heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
- Tie gold shimmer ribbon bow through slot in tag.
- Adhere bottom portion of Petal Pink net with Stampin Seal or Seal Plus, leaving top edges free.
- Adhere top portion of Mint Macaron net with Stampin Seal or Seal Plus, leaving bottom edges free.
- Stamp background leaves with Soft Succulent, Petal Pink and Mango Melody onto vellum, then set aside to dry completely or use heat tool on low to dry quicker.
- Stamp detail leaf with Versamark over each stamped leaf then sprinkle gold embossing powder and heat set with heat tool. (Take care not to get too close to the vellum…it melts easily. You might try the low setting, but I ended up using the high setting but backed up about 6″.)
- Mount the vellum to the white card stock with glue dots or special vellum adhesive if you have it (trying to hide the dots behind the leaves so they won’t show…).
- Mount that assembly to the back of the frame carefully with a thin line of liquid glue.
- Mount entire frame assembly with dimensionals over the net pieces on the card base.
- Glue the Mango leaf to the Suede leaf and mount it on Dimensionals over the corner of the frame assembly.
- Mount the greeting tag with dimensionals on top of the framed assembly.
- Add extra embellishments as desired.
- If I post a Facebook/YouTube Live video later, I’ll update this post with the information.
Before you head off to make this card, please vote for me first at this link: VOTE FOR MY CARD!
I hope you’ll also subscribe to my blog at CreateWithKelley.com. Also please subscribe to my You Tube Channel: Create With Kelley Pitts. I’d love to hear your comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Fun times ahead!
I’d love to hear your comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Hope you’ll join me for in-person classes, Class-To-Go kits and online classes soon! FUN times ahead!
Kelley Pitts (Create With Kelley) Contact Information:
- Address: PO Box 64334, Lubbock, TX 79464-4334
- Cell: (806) 790-0061
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailchimp Email signup . Please choose your email preferences when you signup.
- Website/blog/shopping/calendar: CreateWithKelley.com
- Facebook business PAGE (Create With Kelley) Please like/subscribe/follow and share my videos!
- Facebook GROUP (Create With Kelley Crew) Please join!
- Facebook & You Tube Lives via Streamyard: Wednesdays at noon or 7:30 pm CST (see notification to confirm which time)
- You Tube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts
- Pinterest: Create With Kelley