Kylie’s International Blog Highlights May 2023: Tropical Leaf Bundle with Bright & Beautiful DSP
Here’s a bright, cheery, simple gatefold card featuring the Online Exclusive stamp set and punch called Tropical Leaf Bundle. This card also showcases the Bright & Beautiful DSP from the new 23-24 Annual Catalog. I played with new and returning colors from our recent color refresh.
Here’s the inside using the same DSP and stamp set, but you can substitute any stamp set and DSP to easily make your own version of this fun card. Watch the YouTube video at this link.
- I’m excited to participate again in Kylie’s International Blog Highlights with my triangle foldout card that shows (with lots of wild glamour) how much you deserve a thank you.
- My card measurements and product list are below the following International Blog Highlights information.
- I hope you’ll take time to vote for up to five of your favorite cards from the highlights. (Hopefully including mine!)
- Just click: VOTE FOR MY CARD! then select my card by clicking the heart on the upper right of the photo.
- You’ll know you’ve voted for it when the heart changes color.
- The top ten winners based on your votes can participate in the International Highlights Winners Hop at the end of the month.
- PS I’ve made it into Kylie’s Top Ten three times and I’d be so grateful to share that honor again!
If you are receiving this blog update by email you can click HERE to see the amazing gallery!
Pretty Peacock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″: gatefold card scored at 2 1/8″ & 6 3/8″; plus piece 4 1/4″ x 2 7/8″ ish
Basic White: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ ish plus piece 3 7/8″ x 2 5/8″ ish to diecut with Deckled Rectangles; plus scrap 2 1/2″ x 3″ ish to stamp and punch (leave extra room on long side to hold onto paper for punching)
DSP: Bright & Beautiful
Diagonal stripe DSP: 1″ x 5 1/2″ (x2)
Azure DSP: 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
Lemon Lime Twist DSP: 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
Horizontal stripe Bright & Beautiful DSP: 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (x2)
Tropical Leaf Bundle stamp set & punch; Color & Contour stamp set for splatter
Inks & Ribbons:
9″ Lemon Lime Twist from Ribbon Duo Combo Pack
- Score, cut and diecut as noted above.
- Stamp off with Tahitian Tide or Azure Afternoon ink using a splatter stamp (like the one from Color & Contour) on the Lemon Lime Twist and Azure Afternoon DSPs before adhering them to the card base.
- Use the same splatter stamp on the small white deckled rectangle for the front.
- Stamp the big leaf on a scrap white piece (leaving room on one side to hold onto paper when punching out) with Lemon Lime Twist and then the veins with Pretty Peacock, then punch out.
- Stamp the smaller inside leaves with Lemon Lime Twist and then the veins with Pretty Peacock on the large deckled rectangle.
- Add splatter stamp with Tahitian Tide or Azure Afternoon (stamped off) under the leaves on the inside if desired.
- Adhere the horizontal stripes slightly overlapping or butted up to the Lime/Azure pieces on the front.
- Stamp “Thanks so much” or other sentiment onto white deckled rectangle in Pretty Peacock.
- Wrap ribbon around the white rectangle and tie in a knot or small bow.
- Add the punched out leaf with Dimensionals.
- Attach white rectangle to Pretty Peacock one with Dimensionals.
- Adhere front focal point only on the left either with glue or Dimensionals.
- Glue Diagonal striped pieces inside the card in the center of the two gatefold pieces.
- Stamp sentiment like “Love you lots” onto white rectangle and glue to center of the card inside.
- Add Flat Adhesive-Backed Pearls if desired.
- See a video with details on these links on my YouTube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts and my Facebook page: Create With Kelley.
Before you head off to make this card, please vote for me first at this link: VOTE FOR MY CARD!
To learn more about Stampin’ Up! products, cardmaking tips and techniques and more, please subscribe to my blog at CreateWithKelley.com. For video tips/techniques/class info, etc. please also subscribe to my You Tube Channel: Create With Kelley Pitts. I’d love to hear your comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Fun times ahead!
Typical Additional Basic Product List:
I’d love to hear your comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Hope you’ll join me for in-person classes, Class-To-Go kits and online classes soon! FUN times ahead!
Kelley Pitts (Create With Kelley) Contact Information:
- Address: PO Box 64334, Lubbock, TX 79464-4334
- Cell: (806) 790-0061
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailchimp Email signup . Please choose your email preferences when you signup.
- Website/blog/shopping/calendar: CreateWithKelley.com
- Facebook business PAGE (Create With Kelley) Please like/subscribe/follow and share my videos!
- Facebook GROUP (Create With Kelley Crew) Please join!
- Facebook & You Tube Lives via Streamyard: Saturdays at 10:30 am CST (unless otherwised notified)
- You Tube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts
- Pinterest: Create With Kelley