Kylie’s International Blog Highlights June 2022 – Hues of Happiness Suite Meets New Horizons DSP
When a Thank You card needs to be extra special, choosing the Hues of Happiness Suite ensures a beautiful outcome!
- My card measurements and product list are below the following International Blog Highlights information.
- I’m excited to participate again in Kylie’s International Blog Highlights with my fun fold card.
- I hope you’ll take time to vote for up to five of your favorite cards from the highlights. (Hopefully including mine!)
- Just click: VOTE FOR MY CARD! then select my card by clicking the heart on the upper right of the photo.
- You’ll know you’ve voted for it when the heart changes color.
- The top ten winners based on your votes will be able to participate in the actual International Highlights Winners Hop at the end of the month.
- I’ve made it into Kylie’s top 10 twice this year and I’d love to enjoy that honor again!
If you are receiving this blog update by email you can click HERE to see the amazing gallery.
It’s hard to really see how 3D the flowers are until you watch the video noted below, but this closer look should help a little.
Here’s a peek at another version I made for a friend’s daughter’s upcoming wedding.
- Blackberry Bliss cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11”, scored at 5 1/2″ then cut in 1/2″ from each side of the top panel, forming a flap.
- Melon Mambo cardstock: 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Basic white cardstock: 3 1/4″ ish square to to cut down with the Stylish Shapes circle; 3″ x 5 1/4″ for inside
- New Horizons DSP: 3″x 5 1/4″ from the pink/purple sheet per attached photo
- Hues of Happiness DSP: 3 flowers outside and one partial flower inside, diecut or fussycut from the pink/purple large floral sheet
- White ribbon: Two 12″ ish pieces
- Sweet Sorbet metallic ribbon: 9″ ish
- Click the link to my recent Facebook Live video for detailed instructions, or follow these simple ones.
- Score cardstock and cut cardbase, cardstock pieces and DSP pieces per above measurements.
- Texture emboss the Melon Mambo strips with the Splatter 3D folder, then adhere to base as shown.
- Adhere DSP panel to front flap.
- Stamp sentiments in Blackberry Bliss at the top of the diecut circle and on the inside white piece.
- Diecut or fussy-cut floral images from DSP, then partially cut into front 3 flowers (if desired) along some of the petal lines. (See Facebook Live video instructions for details.)
- Add a partial flower on an edge on the inside white cardstock.
- Pull up one or two sections of each flower to overlap a flat section, then insert Dimensionals underneath it to form the 3D look of overlappingpetals on the white circle.
- Add Wink of Stella to textured sides and also splatter onto circle with flowers if desired.
- Adhere circle with Dimensionals, add flowers with glue and dimensionals and add ribbon with glue dots.
- Add ribbons and embellishments as desired.
Before you head off to make this card, please vote for me first at this link: VOTE FOR MY CARD!
I hope you’ll also subscribe to my blog at CreateWithKelley.com. I’d love to hear your comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Fun times ahead!