CWK features Stampin’ Up! Merry Bold & Bright with Alphabet and hexagon dies
Let’s create this fun kinda “retro” looking Christmas card in totally non-traditional colors. This card is half of a “two-fer” since it uses the positive space (the actual letters) after diecutting Merry from DSP and using the “negative” space on Card #11 that’s the other half of the “two-fer.”
It’s fun to change up the color scheme from just the typical Christmas red and green. This card is one of 16 I featured at my Christmas Cardmaking Retreat on Oct. 27/28.
You can choose simple stamping on the inside, or jazz it up a bit. I added the “glow lines” stamp and stars from the Merry & Bright stamp set in Crushed Curry. Whatever you like to do!
- Granny Apple Green cardstock base: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Blueberry Bushel cardstock base: 3” x 5” to diecut with hexagon; and ¼” x 5 ½” strip
- Basic White cardstock: 4” x 5 ¼” for inside; and 2 ½” x 4 ½” to diecut hexagon; plus scrap to stamp greeting
- DSP green Christmas trees sheet: 1” x 5 ½” (I recommend going all the way across instead of stopping at 5 ¼” like I did on my sample
- Cut, score, diecut and stamp as noted in measurements, pictured here and shown on my video linked below.
- Use the letters pulled out of the strip for Card #11 or follow those alphabet die cutting instructions.
- Stamp the stars/sparkle from the Merriest Trees stamp set in Granny Apple before adhering the remaining pieces.
- Glue the Blue hexagon flat but dimensional the white hexagon over it.
- Remove the backing from the Merry letters and attach starting with the middle R and working your way out on either side.
- It’s much easier to intentionally NOT line the letters up instead of trying to line them up and failing…
- Fussy cut the Christmas stamped image and Dimensional over the ribbon or skip the ribbon wrap and just add a ribbon bow beside it.
- Use Lemon Lime Twist, Shaded Spruce and Blueberry Bushel Stampin’ Write Markers directly on the “Peace…” stamp and huff on it to remoisten before stamping on the inside.
- Stamp the solid tree in Granny Apple, then stamp the detail stamp and a star on top with Blueberry Bushel.
- Add embellishments if desired.
- See my 11/4/23 LIVE videos with details on these links on my YouTube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts and my Facebook page: Create With Kelley.
I plan to post all 16 of these cards to my blog, but if you want a handy PDF with all of them together so it’s easy to print, please consider purchasing my Christmas Cardmaking Retreat PDF. Contact me if you’re interested and we’ll work out payment via Venmo or Zelle or PayPal or something. Thanks.
Typical Additional Basic Product List:
Please subscribe to my CreateWithKelley.com blog to receive:
- Create With Kelley Crew’s News: Monthly newsletter
- Stampin’ Up! sales, news, updates
- Create With Kelley’s calendar featuring cardmaking experiences/events with signup links
- Create With Kelley Card Kits To Go and/or online classes
- Lots of cardmaking inspiration!
I’d love to hear your helpful comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Hope you’ll join me soon for in-person or online cardmaking experiences! FUN times ahead!
Kelley Pitts (Create With Kelley) Contact Information:
- Address: PO Box 64334, Lubbock, TX 79464-4334
- Cell: (806) 790-0061
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailchimp Email signup . Please choose your email preferences when you signup.
- Website/blog/shopping/calendar: CreateWithKelley.com
- Facebook business PAGE (Create With Kelley) Please like/subscribe/follow and share my videos!
- Facebook GROUP (Create With Kelley Crew) Please join!
- Facebook & You Tube Lives via Streamyard: Saturdays at 10:30 am CST (unless otherwised notified)
- You Tube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts
- Pinterest: Create With Kelley