It’s so much fun to diecut these cute light bulbs out of gorgeous foils papers! Adding the Scalloped Contours dies allow for a simple layout that’s fun.
It’s fun to change up the color scheme from just the typical Christmas red and green. This card is one of 16 I featured at my Christmas Cardmaking Retreat on Oct. 27/28.
The Christmas lights and greeting inside look spunky with the Mambo/Granny Apple colors.
- Melon Mambo cardstock base: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Granny Apple Green cardstock: 4 ¼” x 5 ½” to diecut out with scalloped rectangle
- Basic White cardstock: 4” x 5 ¼”; plus 4 ¾” x 3 ½” to diecut scalloped rectangle
- Holographic Trio Silver Foil: 2” x 3 ½” ish to diecut cord, 2 bases and 2 filaments
- Melon Mambo Foil: 2 ¼” x 1” ish scrap to cut out one skinny bulb
- Granny Apple Green Foil: 2 ¼” x 1” ish scrap to cut out one skinny bulb
- Cut, score, diecut and stamp as noted in measurements, pictured here and shown on my video linked below.
- Foil is easiest to adhere if you add adhesive sheets first, but you can use glue dots or liquid glue if you need.
- You could use Basic Gray or Smoky Slate for the light bulb base on the inside to mimic the color of the silver foil on the inside. Or emboss in silver if you’d rather.
- I personally like the “glow” line stamp to be the same color as the light, just stamped off to be second generation. But, you could make it Crushed Curry or Daffodil Delight if you want a yellowish glow on both.
- Ink the first half of the inside greeting with Granny Apple, clean the stamp, line it up and stamp just the Jolly portion in Melon Mambo.
- Add embellishments if desired.
- Filaments stamp darker than the solid bulb, so you can get by with tone on tone.
- You can start with the cord, then do the bases, then add the bulbs or do it in reverse…whatever makes sense to you. Just pay attention to your spacing so you don’t run out of room.
- See my 11/5/23 LIVE videos with details on these links on my YouTube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts and my Facebook page: Create With Kelley.
I plan to post all 16 of these cards to my blog, but if you want a handy PDF with all of them together so it’s easy to print, please consider purchasing my Christmas Cardmaking Retreat PDF. Contact me if you’re interested and we’ll work out payment via Venmo or Zelle or PayPal or something. Thanks.
Typical Additional Basic Product List:
Please subscribe to my CreateWithKelley.com blog to receive:
- Create With Kelley Crew’s News: Monthly newsletter
- Stampin’ Up! sales, news, updates
- Create With Kelley’s calendar featuring cardmaking experiences/events with signup links
- Create With Kelley Card Kits To Go and/or online classes
- Lots of cardmaking inspiration!
I’d love to hear your helpful comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Hope you’ll join me soon for in-person or online cardmaking experiences! FUN times ahead!
Kelley Pitts (Create With Kelley) Contact Information:
- Address: PO Box 64334, Lubbock, TX 79464-4334
- Cell: (806) 790-0061
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailchimp Email signup . Please choose your email preferences when you signup.
- Website/blog/shopping/calendar: CreateWithKelley.com
- Facebook business PAGE (Create With Kelley) Please like/subscribe/follow and share my videos!
- Facebook GROUP (Create With Kelley Crew) Please join!
- Facebook & You Tube Lives via Streamyard: Saturdays at 10:30 am CST (unless otherwised notified)
- You Tube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts
- Pinterest: Create With Kelley