CWK features Stampin’ Up! Merriest Trees Faux Shaker with Brushed Gold Notecards
I LOVE how the Merriest Trees dies cut out multiple sizes of trees that can be foil, DSP or cardstock that you can stamp on. The Loose Holly Gems and Sequins are perfect for shakers. FUN!
It’s fun to change up the color scheme from just the typical Christmas red and green. This card is one of 16 I featured at my Christmas Cardmaking Retreat on Oct. 27/28.
Adding the gold ribbon grounds the stamped gifts and gives a cute surprise element inside.
- Real Red cardstock base: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”; plus scrap for solid star
- Brushed Gold Card cut down to 4” x 5 ¼”
- Gold foil: 2” x 2” ish” to diecut basket and star
- Basic White cardstock: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Gold ribbon/trim: 2 ½” ish
- Cut, score, diecut and stamp as noted in measurements, pictured here and shown on my video linked below.
- Note: For brighter white embossing I use Craft White ink (instead of Versamark) when I use white embossing powder.
- Insert Brush Gold piece into a clear envelope, facing forward.
- Insert sequins as desired (a couple of pinches) between the Gold card and the front of the envelope.
- Fold over the sealer end of the envelope for a snug (but not tight) fit on the backside, then take the tape off and seal it.
- Fold the top of the envelope over to the backside with a snug fit and use Tear&Tape or any household tape to seal it the envelope completely.
- Add gold star to the red solid star with liquid glue (carefully).
- Add star to embossed tree with a glue dot.
- Audition pieces before adding to card.
- Add basket with glue dots, then add tree with star using Dimensionals.
- See my 11/6/23 LIVE video with details on these links on my YouTube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts and my Facebook page: Create With Kelley.
I plan to post all 16 of these cards to my blog, but if you want a handy PDF with all of them together so it’s easy to print, please consider purchasing my Christmas Cardmaking Retreat PDF. Contact me if you’re interested and we’ll work out payment via Venmo or Zelle or PayPal or something. Thanks.
Typical Additional Basic Product List:
Please subscribe to my CreateWithKelley.com blog to receive:
- Create With Kelley Crew’s News: Monthly newsletter
- Stampin’ Up! sales, news, updates
- Create With Kelley’s calendar featuring cardmaking experiences/events with signup links
- Create With Kelley Card Kits To Go and/or online classes
- Lots of cardmaking inspiration!
I’d love to hear your helpful comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Hope you’ll join me soon for in-person or online cardmaking experiences! FUN times ahead!
Kelley Pitts (Create With Kelley) Contact Information:
- Address: PO Box 64334, Lubbock, TX 79464-4334
- Cell: (806) 790-0061
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailchimp Email signup . Please choose your email preferences when you signup.
- Website/blog/shopping/calendar: CreateWithKelley.com
- Facebook business PAGE (Create With Kelley) Please like/subscribe/follow and share my videos!
- Facebook GROUP (Create With Kelley Crew) Please join!
- Facebook & You Tube Lives via Streamyard: Saturdays at 10:30 am CST (unless otherwised notified)
- You Tube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts
- Pinterest: Create With Kelley