CWK features Stampin’ Up! Merriest Trees & Christmas Tidings
The gorgeous brushed gold cards change personalities when they are embossed. LOVE the Christmas Tidings embossing folder!
The luscious, very shiny Melon Mambo and Granny Apple Green foil papers aren’t captured well in the photo but you’ll LOVE them in person! It’s fun to change up the color scheme from the typical Christmas red and green. This card is one of 16 I featured at my Christmas Cardmaking Retreat on Oct. 27/28.
You can choose simple stamping on the inside, or jazz it up a bit. Maybe even add some gold embossing. Whatever you like to do!
- Granny Apple Green cardstock base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Brushed Gold Notecard half: 4″ x 5 1/4″ after cutting cardbase in half
- Basic White 4″ x 5 1/4″; and scrap for greeting
- Gold Foil Sheet: 3″ x 3″ ish for base, bauble strings and star
- Granny Apple Green Foil: 4 1/2″ x 4″ ish piece to cut 2 tree sizes
- Melon Mambo Foil: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ ish piece to cut all 3 tree sizes
- I started with the bottom (largest) layer and stacked the others on top of it one by one.
- I used Dimensionals under the bottom of each tree layer, then a glue dot at the top to attach to line it up and attach to the next layer. (But, I’ve seen some people who Dimensionaled the top and glued the bottom.) You shouldn’t pop up both layers or it will stick up too far!
- If you plan to make multiples of this card or several similar cards using the foil sheets you may want to try different positions of the dies onto foil sheet before actually diecutting them to prevent waste. Try flipping the tree end to end, etc.
- Cut multiple items from one strip sized appropriately. Don’t run extra foil through the SCEM without a die on it since the plates can scratch it up.
- I highly recommend using adhesive sheets on the back of the foil before cutting out the strands of baubles…especially when attaching to foil sheets.
- See my September 30, 2023 LIVE at 10:30 am video with details on these links on my YouTube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts and my Facebook page: Create With Kelley.
I plan to post all 16 of these cards to my blog, but if you want a handy PDF with all of them together so it’s easy to print, please consider purchasing my Christmas Cardmaking Retreat PDF. Contact me if you’re interested and we’ll work out payment via Venmo or Zelle or PayPal or something. Thanks.
Typical Additional Basic Product List:
Please subscribe to my CreateWithKelley.com blog for my newsletter and updates. I look forward to keeping you informed about the latest Stampin’ Up! news, updates and sales. Plus, I’ll let you know about my upcoming in-person and online Create With Kelley cardmaking experiences and events and share lots of cardmaking inspiration.
I’d love to hear your helpful comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Hope you’ll join me soon for in-person or online cardmaking experiences! FUN times ahead!
Kelley Pitts (Create With Kelley) Contact Information:
- Address: PO Box 64334, Lubbock, TX 79464-4334
- Cell: (806) 790-0061
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailchimp Email signup . Please choose your email preferences when you signup.
- Website/blog/shopping/calendar: CreateWithKelley.com
- Facebook business PAGE (Create With Kelley) Please like/subscribe/follow and share my videos!
- Facebook GROUP (Create With Kelley Crew) Please join!
- Facebook & You Tube Lives via Streamyard: Saturdays at 10:30 am CST (unless otherwised notified)
- You Tube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts
- Pinterest: Create With Kelley