CWK features Stampin’ Up! Merriest Trees Bundle & Merry Bold & Bright DSP
I cut the Fa la la circle out of the Trucking Along square card layer in this series then put it to good use here. I love the Basics 3D folder that creates the fun polka dots that mimic snowfall on this card.
For fun and something different I added the “glow lines” stamp and stars from the Merry & Bright stamp set in Crushed Curry, plus added a leftover strip of the Fa la la DSP.
- Pool Party cardstock base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic White 4″ x 5 1/4″; and 2″ x 4 1/4″
- Granny Apple Green Foil Sheet: 3 1/2″ x 2 1/4″
- Merry Bold & Bright DSP Fa La La: 3″ x 3″ or from the front square layer of the Trucking Along card in my Retreat series
- Merry Bold & Bright DSP skinny bulb: 3 3/4″ x 4 1/2″ ish and 1/2″ x 4″ strip
- Cut, score, diecut and stamp as noted in measurements, pictured here and shown on my video linked below.
- Just cut the top of the white strip off into a curve to form the snowbank.
- When I emboss with white I always start with Craft White instead of Versamark.
- If you plan to make multiples of this card or several similar cards using the foil sheets you may want to try different positions of the dies onto foil sheet or DSP before actually diecutting them to prevent waste. Try flipping the tree end to end, etc.
- Cut multiple dies from one strip sized appropriately. Don’t run extra foil through the SCEM without a die on it since the plates can scratch it up.
- Embossing on the Foil sheets is a bit tricky, but worth the effort. I’d recommend practicing on a scrap of foil first so you get the feel of how it tends to slide/slip if you aren’t careful.
- Also, I’d recommend heating from the back side of the foil as much as you can…otherwise it really changes the foil color a lot more as heat is applied.
- Add embellishments as desired.
- See my 11/5/23 LIVE am video with details on these links on my YouTube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts and my Facebook page: Create With Kelley.
I plan to post all 16 of these cards to my blog, but if you want a handy PDF with all of them together so it’s easy to print, please consider purchasing my Christmas Cardmaking Retreat PDF. Contact me if you’re interested and we’ll work out payment via Venmo or Zelle or PayPal or something. Thanks.
Typical Additional Basic Product List:
Please subscribe to my CreateWithKelley.com blog to receive:
- Create With Kelley Crew’s News: Monthly newsletter
- Stampin’ Up! sales, news, updates
- Create With Kelley’s calendar featuring cardmaking experiences/events with signup links
- Create With Kelley Card Kits To Go and/or online classes
- Lots of cardmaking inspiration!
I’d love to hear your helpful comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Hope you’ll join me soon for in-person or online cardmaking experiences! FUN times ahead!
Kelley Pitts (Create With Kelley) Contact Information:
- Address: PO Box 64334, Lubbock, TX 79464-4334
- Cell: (806) 790-0061
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailchimp Email signup . Please choose your email preferences when you signup.
- Website/blog/shopping/calendar: CreateWithKelley.com
- Facebook business PAGE (Create With Kelley) Please like/subscribe/follow and share my videos!
- Facebook GROUP (Create With Kelley Crew) Please join!
- Facebook & You Tube Lives via Streamyard: Saturdays at 10:30 am CST (unless otherwised notified)
- You Tube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts
- Pinterest: Create With Kelley