Mixing elements from various Suites can provide endless creative opportunities! I mixed and matched from 3 different Suites for this baby card after I discovered I didn’t have any “baby” sets that weren’t retired. The knitting (or is it crocheting?) llama from the DSP in the Zoo Crew Suite is precious fussy-cut out…especially with a little extra color from Stampin’ Blends. It’s mounted onto textured cardstock that’s embossed with the Twisted Rope 3D Embossing Folder (which looks like yarn on this card) from the Let’s Go Fishing Suite. Then it’s mounted onto the daisy DSP from the Delightfully Eclectic Suite because the colors coordinated well. Sentiments from the Charming Sentiments stamp set and coordinating Sentiment Silhouettes dies beautifully finish off this cute baby card I designed for my friend Phyllis Underwood’s son and daughter-in-law!
Full frontal. (chuckle…)
- Basic White Thick cardstock base: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″; 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″; plus 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Basic White cardstock: 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Daffodil Delight cardstock: 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ ish to diecut down with Deckled Rectangle die
- Basic Black cardstock scrap (1″ x 4″ ish)
- Delightfully Eclectic DSP 4″ x 5 1/4″ and 1″ x 4 1/4″
- Zoo Crew DSP fussy-cut knitting llama
- Petal Pink ribbon: 15″
- Fussy-cut llama image from Zoo Crew DSP.
- Diecut Deckled Rectangle from Daffodil Delight, then texture emboss it with the Twisted Rope folder.
- Stamp “Congratulations” in Memento Tuxedo Black on Basic White strip, then adhere it to Basic White Thick strip for extra support.
- Texture emboss top of White strip (above Congratulations) with Twisted Rope folder.
- Heat emboss “So tiny, so precious” sentiment using white craft ink and white embossing powder onto Basic Black scrap.
- Fold cardbase in half, then do a mountain fold at the 2 3/4″ score.
- Adhere daisy DSP to the separate 4 1/4″x 5 1/2″ white layer, then adhere the bottom half of this layer to the folded down half of the cardbase to form the easel portion of the card.
- Add Daffodil layer with Dimensionals on top of the DSP, then add llama image with Dimensionals on top of it.
- Tie ribbon around the white strip.
- Attach white strip with Foam Adhesive sheet (preferably) or Foam Adhesive strips, then attach to bottom of card base, making sure the foam adhesive is just inside the top edge and is straight since that’s what the cardfront pops up against.
- Add embellishments if desired.
- (I’ll update these links after airdate…) Find my upcoming 6/18/23 Facebook Live video with details on my Facebook page Create With Kelley or my YouTube Live on my Create With Kelley Pitts channel.
- 6/17/23 Blog post: CreateWithKelley.com
Typical Additional Basic Product List:
I’d love to hear your comments and I’ll be happy to answer any questions. Thanks! Hope you’ll join me for in-person classes, Class-To-Go kits and online classes soon! FUN times ahead!
Kelley Pitts (Create With Kelley) Contact Information:
- Address: PO Box 64334, Lubbock, TX 79464-4334
- Cell: (806) 790-0061
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailchimp Email signup . Please choose your email preferences when you signup.
- Website/blog/shopping/calendar: CreateWithKelley.com
- Facebook business PAGE (Create With Kelley) Please like/subscribe/follow and share my videos!
- Facebook GROUP (Create With Kelley Crew) Please join!
- Facebook & You Tube Lives via Streamyard: Saturdays at 10:30 am CST (unless otherwised notified)
- You Tube channel: Create With Kelley Pitts
- Pinterest: Create With Kelley